15.00 - 18.15 CEST
We invite you to a business forum in which we will examine the current situation and development opportunities in the field of biopharmacy, medicine and nanotechnology.
This year's pandemic has had a particularly strong impact on these areas. Therefore, we will take a closer look at the emerging needs of the market, and at the same time present to Slovenian innovative development companies the opportunities arising from the connection with potential partners outside Europe.
The forum will answer the following questions:
- How is the pandemic changing the field of biopharmacy, medicine and nanotechnology internationally?
- In the current situation, how can we strengthen cooperation in these areas and together better respond to current needs? Killian O’Driscoll, Project Manager at NIBRT (National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training, Ireland), and Borut Štrukelj, Professor at the Faculty of Pharmacy in Ljubljana, will speak on this topic.
- Can a pandemic accelerate vaccine development in general?
- How is it necessary to legislatively support the development cooperation between small and medium-sized enterprises and its added value?
- What are the first steps to establish cooperation with international development institutions such as the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)? UNIDO's contribution in this area will be presented by Bernardo Calzadilla-Sarmiento, Director of Digitization, Technology and Agriculture.
- What opportunities does participation in international development projects supported by the European Union open up?
You will also learn about the opportunities within the project "Establishment of a Slovenian-Cuban innovation cluster with emphasis on the bio-pharmaceutical industry, medicine and nanotechnology 2020-2021".
The event is aimed at small and medium-sized companies (both startups and scaleups) active in the fields of biopharmacy, medicine and nanotechnology. And also to partner companies involved in joint development projects within UNIDO.
Apply to the event if you are interested or would like to know more about:
- new required knowledge and information dictated by emerging market needs in the field of biopharmacy, medicine and nanotechnology,
- networking with innovative companies in your industry and international development institutions such as UNIDO,
- how to enter a foreign market, especially outside the European Union (including third world countries),
- how to build visibility and credibility in foreign markets,
- how to establish or strengthen international business cooperation and increase sales in foreign markets,
- which opportunities are open in the framework of joint development projects.
The event will be held in English on the HOPIN.TO conference platform.
The event is organized by the Slovene Enterprise Fund within the #StartupPlusProgram and is financed by the Ministry of Economic Development and Technology and the European Regional Development Fund. The key partners of the event are UNIDO and the Slovene Ministry of Foreign Affairs.