A climax of socialising, networking and learning
PODIM, one of the largest international start-up and business conferences in the CEE region. A climax of socialising, networking, new knowledge and ideas. Two days of unforgettable entrepreneurship energy, motivation and fun. More than 600 participants from home and abroad, internationally renowned speakers, start-up stars and esteemed investors. The concluding event of the initiative, which the media icon TechCrunch has also placed amongst the “must-see” start-up conferences.
A treasure trove of hidden formulae and the latest knowledge
Each year, the PODIM conference guarantees an unforgettable two-day long experience with numerous lectures, roundtables, panel discussions and workshops. Nobody can remain indifferent when discovering the latest knowledge and hidden formulae for motivation, launch and successful global breakthrough of start-up companies.
A date with investors a.k.a. PODIM Challenge
PODIM Challenge is a special content part of the conference, meant to help start-up companies come into contact with esteemed international investors. 11 of them joined us this year, coming from the most known European business hubs and accelerators. 37 start-ups from 7 countries wanted to pitch and get a date with them. We chose six companies, gave them free reign over the stage and left them to the full attention of the investor committee and the audience.
And the winner is…
Each year, the PODIM conference is where we ceremoniously announce the winner of the national competition Start:up of the year. The atmosphere is fantastic, full of excited expectations, and both the conference participants as well as competition finalists are guaranteed to have a remarkable experience in the limelight, surrounded by the media and television cameras. And admiration from all those who are boldly embarking on the path of making their business dreams come true.
The PODIM conference, thirty-fourth one this year, can look at all its results and feedback from satisfied participants to confirm its direction of development – with the goal to become an important hub of start-up ecosystems of Central and Eastern Europe. We promise you that we will stay true to our goal in the future and that each year, we will give you quality content and introduce individuals who are leaving an important mark on the map of the entrepreneurial Slovenia.
- See clips of main stage performances of the PODIM conference 2014 at http://www.youtube.com/podimconference and remember how we held our breaths at the evaluation of start-ups that pitched their ideas at PODIM Challenge, how much we laughed at the roundtable on business glory led by the legendary PODIM moderator Peter Frankl, and why experienced start-uppers such as Ivo Špigl and Ivan Brezak Brkan are convinced that failures are a crucial part of each success story.
- Browse through photo galleries at FLICKR GALLERY. If you send your best photos to your mother to show your memorable experience or post them to your best friend’s wall, say hi to them in our name as well.
- Refresh your memory and remember all the knowledge, tips and tricks that excellent key speakers shared with us: http://www.slideshare.net/podimconference.
- If you had goosebumps when hearing the sincere confessions of the finalists of the competition Start:up of the year 2014, you can look at their presentations once again at the Competition Youtube Channel.
- And if you want to know why we in the Initiative try to organise a truly excellent concluding event each year, then take a look at: http://youtu.be/BMV9DR1FtwY.